Solid Polycarbonate Sheet
Solid polycarbonate sheet is superior to hollow polycarbonate sheet in light transmission and impact strength. Hence, it is especially suitable for the applications where light is urgently needed, such as lamp boxes, hood lighting, industrial shops and greenhouse.
- Exceptional light transmission : Extreme clarity ensures excellent light transmission. Solid polycarbonate sheet with light transmission up to 89% can compare favorably with glass. UV protection film aids in resistances against yellowing and loss of light transmission.
- High impact strength : Solid structure gives higher impact strength then other plastic sheets or hollow polycarbonate sheets. Its impact strength is about as 200 times much as common glass, and about 10 timer stronger than toughened glass.
- Lightweight : The weight of solid polycarbonate sheet is only one half of glass of the same volume. Light weight saves freight and installation costs.
- Thermal insulation : Polycarbonate sheets have lower thermal conductivity (K-valve), hence reduce the loss of thermal. It is used in buildings to provide a cool summer and warm winter without extra air-conditioning fee.
- Flame resistance : Polycarbonate sheet is rated B1 of fire resistance. Its own ignition point is 580°C, and extinguish out of the fire area. When burning, harmful gases neither produce harmful gases nor fuel the fire.